Saturday, June 22, 2013

1/2 Hour of Heaven

Ellis Park on the south side of Chicago was the place to be at 7:30pm on Saturday the 22nd of June.
I was there.
You weren't.
Ha.
The gospel fest has been going on in Chicago this weekend. It is complrtely free. Crazy, right? Most of it was pretty good soul music, which I like, but…don’t often listen to. When I looked at that program, though, one artist stood out to me: Lecrae.
What?! Lecrae in concert?! Oh. Yeah. We’re in Chicago. Not Maine. I forgot. Cool people come to Chicago.
Well, today I saw Lecrae in concert and it was amazing!!!
Dude. The level of base was insane. Jojo, Genet and I were as close to the stage as the normal people could get…and we were literally vibrating.
I also saw four other singers perform…they all had good voices and seemed like well-known gospel artists, but…I was only there to see Lecrae for about 1/2 hour. He closed the show, and blew all the other performances out of the water…in my humble opinion, anyway. By the time we were walking to the car (still buzzing from the show) we were full of energy and the whole evening in the hot sun was worth that 1/2 hour of Lecrae.
On our way to Ellis Park on the south side!

This is what 25 cents will get you, when Alyssa is the vender.
This session of the gospel festival was three hours long. Lecrae was last. So, for most of the evening we were just chillin and watching everyone else jam to the soul music.
The last peanut m&m.
Waiting for Lecrae.
Genet never fails to make a stupid face when I take pictures.
Lecrae! He was my favorite artist for a good long while. He is the king of Christian rap/hip-hop.
dying in the sun.
Usually I get the best, awful pictures of my mother. This one, though, is nice. Huh.
Chocolate milk has saved my life on many occasions.
Also, check out my new orange purse in the background!
Josiah.
So many people! See those two girls on the left hiding from my camera? Lol
Finally we get what we came for!
Lecrae!!!
He sang Hallelujah, God is Enough, Just Like You, Background, and a couple others.
OMG WE JUST SAW LECRAE LIVE. AAAH!
My life is fulfilled.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah! This is awesome!!!!
    You look beautiful in these pictures! :)
    Love,
    Torah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Torah!! I wish you could have been there! We always wanted to go to a Lecrae concert together, remember? Haha his music made us cool homeschoolers lol!!

      Delete
  2. Awesome new purse! give a full pic of it soon!

    ReplyDelete