Monday, May 20, 2013

Ponies and Polka Dots

HSU (Homeschool University...meets on mon&thurs out in the burbs) hosted a formal this past Saturday. Well, a semi-formal. When the formal was announced as an event requiring floor-length gowns, nobody wanted any part of it. Consequently, the spring formal gradually grew less formal...once the committee said spring dresses were a-okay, people started signing up. No way was I going to pay upwards of fifty dollars for a bogus, satin, frilly dress. Sorry! Obviously, formals and proms aren't really my thing. I agreed to go because a couple of my friends had organized it...and I was told there would be a chocolate fountain. The chocolate fountain was a hoax, but I had a lot of fun anyways. Way more fun than I expected, being so far out of my element. See, I don't dance. I look ridiculous when I dance. But, I did dance on Saturday night. I may have looked like a dork, but...oh well. I felt like the dancing queen for a few hours, even if everyone was secretly laughing at me. Yay for the semi-formal, and great thanks to my mom and dad for taking the bill. Kudos to Jenna for setting it all up!

This was my semi-formal dress. Those are not dogs. They are ponies. And little polka dots. 
Hooray for polka dots!!! Nope, I did not wear either of those polka dotty shorts to the formal. But I found them while I was shopping for my dress. I love polka dots. 



1 comment: