Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I Scream, You Scream...

...We all scream for ice cream! 
I really, really need to get in shape. The post below was originally all about getting in shape...but then it would be about failure. And I can't have that! So the synopsis has evolved to include my passion for ice cream, yesterday's HSU field trip and a little regret that I really am not in shape:
I've been eating more healthfully lately...er, trying to. If you disregard the ice cream I've inhaled every day since Friday. Ice cream with Rebecca on Friday, cold stone with Catherine&Elizabeth on Saturday, ice cream with Peter&Megan on Sunday, and ice cream at Brain Freeze with my HSU buddies on Monday. Life is good. Dairy is healthful, right? But even with my great attention to calcium, I'm still far out of shape. I was so sore yesterday after walking. How pathetic is that? Very, very pathetic, according to my mother. HSU went to evangelize at the Elmhurst campus, so we were walking around out there for a few hours. Those college kids are bummed to still be in school (Wheaton and most other colleges are ghost towns, by now), and way stressed about finals this week. Well, the results of our little outreach were a fab sunburn, feeling like I had just climbed Katahdin, and...a lot of fun! I wasn't sure what to expect when street witnessing in a big group, but it worked really well. The 15 (i think) of us broke into groups of 2-4, plus an adult leader. Michelle, Emily and I are each outgoing. Mrs. Wagner definitely is. So we had a great time handing out melting snickers and prayers. Our group was pretty well received. Only one girl walked hurriedly by without stopping to talk...lol. We didn't get into any deep discussions with anyone; that wasn't really our intention. We just had lots of minute-long, friendly encounters with the students. It was also encouraging to run into the something-somethings-for-Christ, who were also offering candy&encouragement! And the close call with heatstroke (it was a beautiful day but super hot) was worth it when we walked into Brain Freeze. If the air conitioning wasn't enough, they had frozen desserts too! Yum yum yum. Some of us got Italian Ice, some of us left to find frozen yogurt, and some of us refrained entirely from the sugar and fat. Not me! I went up to that counter like a boss and (with major alacrity) ordered the kiddie size cappuchino chip. My poor friends then had to listen to me rave and shout to the heavens about the tastinesss of my ice cream cone. <3

Last summer, in Maine :')...this illustrates my love for ice cream. lol

1 comment: