Monday, May 13, 2013

A Mother's Day in Chicago

Happy Mother's Day (a day late)!!!
I'm blessed with a phenomenal mom.
Well, last Mother's Day we were in Lincolnville, Maine. At the Lobster Pound (tradition)...but not actually eating lobster. They have the best rolls there. I thought Mother's Day in Illinois would be warmer than in Maine...I was mistaken. At least all six kids were able to celebrate with Ma this year. Last year we stopped to take pictures with moose and black bear statues. This year, being in Chinatown, we posed with all the animals represented in the Chinese calendar.
Dude. If you ever go to Phoenix in Chinatown for Dim Sum, try their sesame balls. So. Good.
After dinner, we (all eight of us smooshed in the minivan, mind you) toured around downtown. I took lots of pictures, so I was mostly happy to ignore the belt buckle stuck in my back. However, Genet's best moment during that little drive was when we stopped in front of a store playing a cartoon inside. Her frown turned upside down. Then a bus pulled up next to us, blocking her view completely. :( tough.
The night came to a close with a great Tom Cruise movie (accompanied by ice cream, of course). Jack Reacher! I think mom liked it...although the guy trying to bite off his own thumb may have rubbed her the wrong way.
My wonderful mom and me.
I don't think she's entirely sure how to use the chopsticks.
My high-tech Ma.
Something like this generally happens when I take a picture with Michael.  He's always screwing around with his hair.
These two.
Mom and Dad.
Mom and her "quiverfull".
Dogs rule!
He's interested...
2013 is the year of the snake...hmph.
The Hancock is on the left, and the Sears Tower is off on the right.
Cool beans!
One of the excellent views from Lake Shore Dr
Traffic isn't so bad when you're taking pictures of the city.
Michael has a habit of interrupting things.

The gremlins are happy.
Big brothers are perfect for experiments. 
This stuff has changed my entire perception of junk food. 
It's changed my life.
We wrapped up the night with the first ice cream cone of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment