Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ode to Joy

Much of my writing is just a lot of hot air with an attempt at wit (heavy with sarcasm) and a charge (be it positive or negative) of personal opinion. However, the time has come for a legitimate update. We're now members of two new co-ops! Huzzah! Let me tell you a little about ODE (one day enrichment OR origami discipleship elitists).
Every Friday my siblings, Dory and I go to co-op at ode. We walk in. Someone says "hey there Sarai Magenta". I say "my name is Sarah", a detail which is apparently irrelevant. And that is how the average day at ode begins. It continues:
I hear a steady stream of morbid baby jokes from Daniel. I steal someone's seat in art class which, in one way or another, ends up irritating Marcus. I discuss The Voice with Rebecca, and listen to Elie's singing which will one day be featured on The Voice. LeeAnna and I try to horde the glue and masking tape, usually to no avail since we're just too generous for our own good. I eat my greek yogurt and pretzels. :) A game of knockout fits in there somewhere, or else make it-take it with Cassie (rather, Sarah-Makes-It-Cassie-Takes-It). Ms. York hands out lots of munchkin donuts in Civics and I hear the one about the shattered window...all in the same 90 minutes as an enlightened debate (generally dominated, at least in decibels, by Cuyler)...or perhaps an educational video about "papal bulls, indulgences and transubstantiation"...or quality time with Happy Feet because Toy Story 3 is just too intense...regardless, we wont be leaving until we hear one of Ms Yorks' trademark jokes and Emil may or may not show up at some point. I goof off (but not when there's chocolate to be earned) in Chem class...since I've been told by one of the most studious (not) students in class (*cough* Lee *cough*) that we audits don't have to do a lick of work. Emma and Emily will, hopefully, help me name all of my inanimate objects (that is how Dory was born), while Elizabeth and/or Catherine figure out pressure and volume and such things. Priscila and I share great fascination for ordinary things like mini milliliter beakers or cool compact scales. And if i haven't already filled my daily fist-bump quota then i can count on Justen or Lee to come through before the afternoon is over.
Ode has already become a highlight of my week...and one of these days, we won't be the new kids anymore. Haha. Well maybe next year.
I know, if you don't go to ode than you probably don't understand much of what i just said. And even if you do, you probably only understand half. I guess that makes this a sorry excuse for a "legitimate update", but i figured it was time to take a break from pining after Maine and write about the goings on here. As you can see, it gets pretty wild.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be a new kid till another kid worthy of the term "new kid" arrives. Be warned.

    ReplyDelete