Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Blues Festival of 2000 and 13.

I love downtown Chicago. Maybe one day I'll be sick of the sights, sounds and smells of the city...but not today. And certainly not last Friday, when we visited the Blues Fest in Grant Park. Apparently the Chicago Blues Festival is the biggest free Blues Festival in the world. I love music, and as stated above I love downtown Chicago. So how could the Blues Festival in Grant Park be anything less than fantabulous? It couldn't. And it wasn't.
By the way, I couldn't help but think of Bangor's own musical fair...the Folk Festival...as we were traipsing about the park. It was blues rather than folk and skyscrapers replaced the Penobscot River in the backdrop...but it was all the same wacky people and exorbitantly priced food. :)
Grant Park...that's the Buckingham Fountain with the Sears Tower in the background.
So many people!
Lots and lots of people.
Downtown Chi-town.
Everywhere you look there are sidewalk performers.
I love saxophones so much.
The Nelsons got class. A simple walk to McDonalds turns heads.
Chicken nuggets and french fries make me feel happy...even though fast food makes me hate myself.
Guess what her favorite color is.
Fun fun fun!
Sometimes Peter refuses to look at me. Like when I'm taking pictures.
And he hardly ever smiles when there's a camera in the vicinity.
Two out of the three shirts Michael is wearing belong to Peter.
Irma Thomas. Her voice is a power trip.
Mom and Nancy :)
The gremlins. <3
The Blackhawks are Chicago's hockey team, for all you nitwits who don't know.
I love the city at night...I can't get Midnight City by M83 out of my head.

1 comment:

  1. Reading your photo captions is one of my favorite things of the day!

    ReplyDelete