Thursday, May 9, 2013

Torah & Sarai

When I blog, I write about what's on my mind. I don't divulge every random thought and person coursing through my brain...that would be a little weird...but yesterday I was eating some concoction (a heavenly mixture of peanut butter, oatmeal, honey, and chocolate chips...give or take a few ingredients) and thinking of my friend Victoria. Actually, she's really more like a sister. I decided to feature her (and her blog, too, you should go check it out) on Scintillate.
Victoria Abigail Winters and I (a.k.a. Torah and Sarai...we worked hard to come up with a nickname for her that could pass as biblical) have been friends for four years, this month. I met her when my family visited the Rock Church Co-op at the end of 7th grade. She is one of my very closest friends, and she always will be. I miss her more than I can say.
When I met Victoria, we were thirteen years old. It's hard to believe that it was so long ago. She bounced into my life at a time when I really needed a friend to love me for who I was. I had a few great friends who I've been close to for a long time, but I just really needed Tori. She and I have laughed, cried and prayed together. I've told her many times how thankful I am for her, and I'll say it again: I thank Jesus for you, Tor Tor!!!
Torah is a very special girl. She goes off on her tangents...skirts, amish fiction, and the studying of hatian-kreole, to name just a few. I can't tell you how many excited conversations we've had such as "Sarah! I'm going to major in violin performance!"...or "Sarah! I'm going to start a cupcake business!"...or "Sarah! I'm going to give horse-riding lessons!"...or "Sarah! I'm going to start a photography business!"...I guess that many career options does showcase her many talents. ;) And yet even with all her short-lived obsessions, I know her core beliefs and values will never change. She's God's girl, through and through.
We're both a little blond. If we don't get it the first time around...just give us a minute. Lol. Or a day. We've shared so much laughter...for example, she once almost convinced me that microwaving chocolate chips would eventually create a brownie...not true, as we discovered when the microwave started smoking. We have so many memories! Passing notes in Logic/Debate Class (you didn't hear that, Mrs. Winters)....the jubilant look on her face when I introduced her to double-spacing right before we handed in our Art Appreciation papers....various adventures in Home-Ec....stoically munching on almonds while our Driver's ED classmates crawl along the floor....our violin-piano duet of Amazing Grace....the Indian brothers...my one and only hunting experience with her and her grandfather....long talks on the phone...quoting Tangled (particularly the part with the frying pan)....Emma and Jane (not Harriet)...."feeling the rush" as we fall backwards onto her bed....discussing Hoosiers and Illinise (still not convinced I'm actually called that)....Victoria managing to run into two walls at once at the bottom of her basement stairs (does that record still stand?)....Dr. Quinn/Avonlea marathons....the guy at Treworgy's simply fascinated by the horses' appetites....etc. etc. etc.
I may be as much a city girl as Victoria is a country girl, but ours is a friendship that will last forever. No matter how many miles are between us, or how many of each other's phone calls we miss, we will always be Sisters in Christ.
LOL

Torah and Sarai at the Art Museum in Boston. Best field trip ever for the Mainers!!!
Being our crazy selves with our buddy Nicole.
Cleopatra
This is what happens when you don't notice the curling iron has turned off half-way through the job, Victoria. Thank you for the nice waves.
Not Vicki.
So us.
This is Torah.
The homeschooled girl.
So devoted to her animals.
Again, so devoted.
Lamplighter books <3
The lovely blond playing the piano. Most likely tunes from the Pride&Prejudice soundtrack.
"I'm a Christian girl!" haha...But really, her faith keeps me going even when mine falters.
Best friends :)
Did I mention that I love Victoria's family?? Well I do! The Winters are truly amazing!
The wrist brace makes this picture.
We survived Driver's ED together....if nothing else then that makes us friends for life.
Our last picture together for a while. :'(
Tor the ex-vegan loves her guns. 
Victoria's happiest moments are when she has a Starbuck's mug in her hand.
Hahahaha; I just had to.
I love this picture...from last spring.

Sisters in Christ <3

I love you, Torah!!!
Your friend,
Sarai

P.S. CONGRATULATIONS upon becoming an aunt! (Or "unt" as you like to say it). 
Judah William is PRECIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment