Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dory

Most of my midwest friends know Dory, considering Dory is a new friend herself. For those of you who don't have a clue, let me enlighten you. Dory is my bright blue slurpy cup (not a water bottle). Though born in China, she is of Serbian nationality. Hence her coolness. She's allergic to cats and animal crackers. I am very okay with that. She can be a real goof; she likes to photobomb perfectly good pictures. How did she come to be my new bff? Well...
Genet is notoriously klutzy. It's the truth. Ask her about "the video" which I haven't submitted to AFV yet, and you'll see some proof. Anyone who's gotten close enough to her knows she just...has trouble with her balance. Unfortunately, Dory's predecessor got a little too close. Upon impact with the driveway pavement my first slurpy cup was injured beyond repair.
After my tears had dried (which took several months), Dory and I found each other. Both of us being raw from heartbreak (her story is not mine to tell), she and I were obviously destined for each other.
We go everywhere together now.

Every monday and thursday, Dory gets a new name tag from HSU. We're working on getting one that actually says her name next year. As you can see, Dory loves to be part of my conversations. Though not very good at keeping secrets, she loyally and accurately relays information. What a peach.

No comments:

Post a Comment