Friday, June 15, 2012

Sibling Wars

Since the beginning of time siblings have been the best of friends and the worst of enemies. Our family is no different. We've all taken and distributed our share of teasing, pranks and whatnot. I realized the other day for the first time, however, that Alyssa is really becoming a player in this thing. Being the youngest, she has always been kind of on the receiving end of the heat, rather than passing it out.
But that all changed when I spent an entire 30 minutes searching for my phone only to find that she had, quite cunningly, hidden it in my jewelry supplies box. I dialed and dialed and dialed my cell number but it wasn't until she said "hey, I found it!" (almost convincingly enough) that I found my cellphone and its thirteen missed calls. It was then as easy as pie for Jojo a.k.a The Interrogator to get a confession out of her. She had been irritated with me (for absolutely noooo reason hahaha we wont dig into that part) and of course thirty minutes of my wasted time was her idea of revenge. I was actually a bit impressed by her prank. Not that it takes a whole lot of brains to stick a phone in a box but she also remembered to turn off the sounds before tucking it away with the beads. Plus, she usually just smacks you if you anger her. One time, after a rousing card game of which Alyssa was the victor, Genet had the audacity to say in a joking yet persistently annoying manner "I'm the winner!". All Alyssa did was walk over and smack her on the leg. Hahahaha. Michael, on the other hand, tickles. Oh my gosh, it's the worst. Jojo still tells the story of how Michael's torture tickling resulted in a trip the emergency room, an asthma attack and a chipped tooth or something....i don't remember that but...whatever you say, Jojo. I've always enjoyed seeing Peter and Michael take their problems to the kitchen/living room/TV room floor. Ha! Now that is a good time. Okay so if it sounds to you like we are a bunch of dangerous wackos around here who are sore losers and slappers, you're not getting the right visual. Alyssa's smacking has never really hurt anybody. Back at the end of that card game when she reprimanded Genet, we all laughed and so did Genet. So that makes it all good. See, my three younger siblings and I laugh. All the time. And teasing each other is all part of the fun whether it's Alyssa smacking Genet or Jojo hurling me into a pool of lava (the latter only occurring in video games of course). So don't worry when I describe Alyssa as a smacker. Whoever is receiving the slap was probably in for it...and her slaps really don't hurt. Besides, our sibling wars and their manifestations aren't mean-spirited. Okay, well maybe some of those wrestling matches were mean-spirited. But when we really get ticked off, we usually just get away from each other, which is accompanied with a lot of inane yelling. We know if we actually hand out physical punishments that are meant to hurt, we will be receiving a punishment from the parents. So we usually stick to harmless pranks, general teasing, and...laughing at each other. A lot. And that's a-okay if in the end we're all best buddies again, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment