Monday, December 17, 2012

I'm Back!

I've thought many times of how to jump back into blogging, but my summer break from Scintillate has quickly stretched into a 6-Month black hole! I was not going to say "it's funny how time flies", but I just did, and it certainly is the truth. I almost posted a tribute to big brothers after the summer visits from my own came to an end. I just about uploaded pictures galore after a visit with my cousins. I practically gave up on tennis this past summer, so i nearly came to the blog to lament my lack of athleticism. At the beginning of the school year, I thought, "time to start blogging again!", but i didn't. And then, I'm ashamed to say, I didn't think about Scintillate until this month. And the reason I chose this month to resume Scintillate is the 10-year-old businesswoman in our family.
Alyssa, a.k.a. Beans, now operates a vending machine in the kitchen. It's stocked with lots of m&ms, snickers, and twix, which isn't great news for a chocoholic like me. I don't like candy very much, but I simply cannot resist chocolate. Banking by Beans is Alyssa's only source of income, and it's a significant one! This is sort of a level up for her, which she's managing pretty well so far. Now, this little update may seem like small potatoes, especially at Christmas time, but the conception of Banking by Beans is the latest event in our family. A potentially catastrophic one for me, i'll add. I swear, I can resist spending all my pennies on my favorite cardigans and shoes, but chocolate is a death trap. I'm gaining all the pounds while she rolls in all the dough. Yay for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment