Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bienvenido!

SCINTILLATE
You are witnessing the conception of Scintillate! *applause* Thank you, thank you, thank you all. Let me just tell you this: coming up with the name, "Scintillate", was the toughest part. I mean, I suppose I could just use something like "Nelson Family Blog" or "Adventures with the Nelsons" or "The Life of a Homeschooler from Maine". But I couldn't. Not that there's anything wrong with any of those, but I just had to create the perfect title for my blog. I had to come up with some word or phrase that would sum up my life at its fullest. Preferably in a unique, imaginative, non-dorky way. Scintillate was what I got. So what does "scintillate" mean? Well, my vocabulary book says "to flash or sparkle". Now, I hate to credit my smartitude, or the name of my blog, to any school book written by a guy with a name like "Hodkinson" (no offense if your name is Hodkinson, it's not your fault.). But yes, I did learn this word from one of my fab Wordly Wise books. Wordly Wise book 9, to be exact. So i guess all that brain-cramming was worth it, because I like my blog. And Scintillate is the perfect name because that is exactly what it is going to do. Because that's what i do. I sparkle, I shine, and I scintillate, for Jesus Christ. I hope you do too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment